Monday, November 30, 2020

Heartbreak is my muse

Heartbreak is my muse

Heartbreak is my muse
that helps me augment more
after I am abused, when
I give ears to all those
sweet idioms and metaphors
which I used in my poetry 
as a petals of rose
abstained with antithetic
colors I owned. 

Heartbreak is my muse
that helps me learn 
how to take a new turn, 
when i brush against breed
of people on the street
who are just like some
sweet sour treat, who
often shake the dust
from my feet. 

Heartbreak is my muse
just like old is gold, is
the proverb used, on
every art I induced. 
which is an afflatus 
to be disabused. 

Heartbreak is my muse
which you can't wear and
walk a mile in my shoes, 
because you are the one
who have gifted me this in 
the form of my favorite fun;
which have unceasingly 
tightened my screws, leaving 
me with so much residues, 
in a lane and building castles 
of pain in my vein. 


Ayesha Khalid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter I Want My Future Daughter To Read 🍁

To my strongest twin I know I will be eternally taking rest inside the garden of remembrance, when you will spread your appendag...