Monday, November 30, 2020

I paint myself in the colors of the sky

I paint myself in colours of the sky
I paint myself in colours of the sky
in the interim of daytime and the nightfall
all scrambled up with sun, moon, stars, 
constellations, clouds, planets and rainbows;
all bewitching and ensorcell to adore
with some pinch of smog and light 
of dirt to maintain its glamour so calm. 

I paint myself in the colours of the sky
where the stars, sun and the moon
will highlight my blemish and which 
will shimmer so deep in range, 
and the constellations will lighten up
my heart and soul with amorousness 
which is gone astray, the planet will 
elucidate the features implanted in me, 
with truth and loyalty keeping in mind. 
I am puffed up with so many colours of 
ardency, and sheathed over with cotton 
balls so soft and sedate. 

I paint myself in the colours of the sky
rather than the colours of human race
which is so onerous to adore. The colours
of animosity, twinge, falsehood, cunningness, 
brutality and many more on the bulletin to 
count. So if I start painting myself with the
colours they own, the colours of sky will
fall to keep its fame, overpowered by the one
which has no specific name. 

So,
I paint myself in the colours of the sky
far away from the cosmos, where love is 
moving towards the category of extinct 
so like a speedball. 
I paint myself in the colours of the sky
so that I can breathe some fresh air,
after I rest in peace saying goodbye. 

Ayesha Khalid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter I Want My Future Daughter To Read 🍁

To my strongest twin I know I will be eternally taking rest inside the garden of remembrance, when you will spread your appendag...