Monday, November 30, 2020

The weight of Glitter

The weight of Glitter
That resplendent adoration of the dark
transpose the weight of glitter so less
like the weight of the river when puffed up 
with debris hooking up with its own texture, 
and vanishing away the originality and 
the beauty of the flow like my life. 

The weight of glitter is so subordinate as 
you have inherited my heart with 
so much pinch of dirt, which can only be 
disencumbered after going through so 
many surgeries jam-packed with 
so much trauma and pain. 

The weight of glitter is diminished
as you nigh sided me with patches and cuts
which deliquesce my soul inch by inch
like a candle evanesce losing its flame. 

I beseech, 
reel back the weight of glitter
which you have purloined with
your fancy footwork. 
I want the weight of glitter to be
as enticingly ponderous
as the pearly gates of paradise
embellished with Northern light of Arctic 
all around, amalgamated with the galaxies
of the love and bloom, 
with the light of
stars and the moon. 

Ayesha Khalid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter I Want My Future Daughter To Read 🍁

To my strongest twin I know I will be eternally taking rest inside the garden of remembrance, when you will spread your appendag...