Monday, November 30, 2020

NIGHTMARES DON'T SCARE ME ANYMORE

Nightmares don't scare me anymore
Nightmares don't scare me anymore
as the folks in the vicinity petrify 
me at every door. Now gloomy creation of the brains 
are a hill of beans for me to make my teeth chatter 
because I have been feasted upon with some deadly 
phase in daylight served in a platter. 

Nightmares don't scare me anymore, 
because in the light part of 24 hours when those
metacarpus lay fingers on my mortal parts to 
fill the bill of their pitiless wish,
horrified illusions had shifted it's epoch 
from dusk to dawn. 

Nightmares don't scare me anymore because 
those healthy altercations of blame, 
are so poisonous that those tear glands can't freeze itself
And they die and burst at any unspecified moment of the day. 
Because those pronouncements don't terrorize me anymore
only in dark hours upsetting my mental health, but daytime is equal in passing out some words of wealth. 

Nightmares don't scare me anymore
Because now your linguistic form and sweet stunts
have made me staunch and courageous
to face all the stroke of bad luck and blame,
and clear them with positivity running in my vein
during the day with no shame. 
So that I can take forty winks with peace,
under the twinkling stars, clear skies 
and the luminous moon and whistle a different tune. 

Ayesha Khalid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter I Want My Future Daughter To Read 🍁

To my strongest twin I know I will be eternally taking rest inside the garden of remembrance, when you will spread your appendag...