Monday, November 30, 2020

SINGING IN THE RAIN.

 Singing in the rain. 
I am singing in the rain
with the splash of those 
fresh sprinkles on my 
bag of the bones which was 
facing so much of strain
given by the very own home. 

I am singing in the rain
along with those blooming
flowers which was leftover 
all anhydrous and inanimate
as it was not showered with the 
fragrance of ardency and heed
from a decade. 

I am singing in the rain
along with those peacocks
who are moving feet and 
body to music in the 
mesmerizing range, who

were left high and dry all caged;
when the rain signed off from 
showering its generosity
with so much sudden change. 

I am singing in the rain
along with those 
rivers and lakes, 
which was portsided barren 
since age, biting the dust with 
thirst like my soul, which you
bandaged with your savage. 

Now, 
I am singing in the rain
simultaneously with those 
chirping birds and dancing trees
with paradise running
in my veins. 
because now i am off the hook
from that stinging cage, 
where i was clutched since
age kissing the genus of change. 


Ayesha Khalid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter I Want My Future Daughter To Read 🍁

To my strongest twin I know I will be eternally taking rest inside the garden of remembrance, when you will spread your appendag...