Monday, November 30, 2020

My Soul is an empty bookshelf

My soul is an empty bookshelf
My soul is an empty bookshelf
puffed up with lonesomeness, when 
you left me high and dry with me and my 
shadow in this bloodthirsty cosmos in order 
to jerry-build your very own. 

My soul is an empty bookshelf
touched down with conjecture
which you wreaked havoc on, when you 
aforesaid this is in a loud note, 'i am 
far away to frame my world'. 

My soul is an empty bookshelf
blocked with falsity because
you have spirited away the veracity
infiltrating it with so many tales of 
lies to draw breath together. 

My soul is an empty bookshelf
heaped with desolation, because 
the vivacity I gave you, placing 
trust in you more at every point. 

My soul is an empty bookshelf
spruced with the anamnesis of
duplicity, which I waded through 
when the blooming ecstasy was 
ceased to exist within me each 
ephemeral day. 

Ayesha Khalid




No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter I Want My Future Daughter To Read 🍁

To my strongest twin I know I will be eternally taking rest inside the garden of remembrance, when you will spread your appendag...