Monday, November 30, 2020

Sunshine, skies and you

Sunshine, skies and you. 


I clutch this sunshine in my hands today
knowing that dreams evanese into gray.
I'm scribbling for a sonnet here in ecstasy
about the world beyond our enemies.
I still wonder where I ought to be,
Will you lead me to my smashed dreams?
Won't let anything breach this levee
Cause all we will do is live by sea.

Soar me high to these skies
it is gravity that we will defy,
we will live in the wooden house
no matter how small it is. 
Blue skies in my eyes 
with this ever gleaming sunshine,
I need no thing, but you
captured in the polaroid
cause you are all my.  

Summer is when you chant a lullaby,
My head on your lap, your love I can't deny.
To find this incessant light, I'd forever roam
Away and away from you, 
never far away from home.


Ayesha Khalid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter I Want My Future Daughter To Read 🍁

To my strongest twin I know I will be eternally taking rest inside the garden of remembrance, when you will spread your appendag...